1. Start by logging in to manager.event.gives. Click on your event and then click on the "add items" tab.
2. Click "add item" then choose what type of item you are adding.
3. Be sure to fill out all fields with an asterisk *. These are required. If numbers or text appear yellow they are missing or incorrect. The item description is the longer description that appears on your event website. The item card description automatically copies from the item description. However, it is limited in characters and you may have to shorten it before you can save. If you want the donor and retail value to appear on the item card you need to type them here. Also, if you will be handing out the item cards to winners as certificates it is a good idea to include contact information or redemption information here.
4. Scroll down on the form to fill out the bidding parameters. Once you enter the retail value we will use this to automatically calculate your minimum bid and bid increment. The item cost should be 0 if the item was donated. If it is a consigned item or something you had to buy, enter the cost. Value and cost should be numbers ONLY. No dollar signs or decimals. "Buy it Now" prices are generally a bad idea. If you would like to add one be sure you price it above retail value. If this item is a live auction item (meaning an auctioneer will be handling the bidding...not our software) toggle the grey "silent" button to "live." This will mean the item appears on the site as view only. Only an event organizer will be able to place the winning bid in the Bidr Manager.
5. If you would like your retail value NOT to display on your event site click the circle with three dots and choose the appropriate option.
6. Next add at least one event image. Images should be horizontal.
7. Click the circle with three dots on an image to remove it or make it the primary image. Click the Advanced Crop button to adjust how the image appears.
8. Click Save and Close to finish adding the item to your site.