We disconnected the shortcode and have replaced it with the new Bidr toll free number:
If you are getting an error message when you try to join an event using our short code 33923 try again using phone number 855-735-2437. The event organizer can also click "Join Attendee" on the dashboard to manually add you to the event.
Or if you're participating from a computer you can enter in your mobile number on an item you're interested in and that will join you to the auction.
This error message comes from the phone carrier, such as Verizon, AT&T, Boost, Virgin Mobile, etc., not Bidr. Some users’ mobile phone accounts have restrictions on receiving messages that originate from short codes. You need to call the carrier and ask them to remove the block on short code messaging.
Error messages include, but are not limited to, messages like these:
- Message failed. Short code may have expired or short code texting may be blocked on your account
- Sorry but you do not have this service plan
- Mobile Messaging is blocked
- Cannot deliver message to this short code
- Message blocking is active
- Short code error 1051
- Service access denied
Short code messaging is usually blocked for one of three reasons:
1) The phone plan doesn’t support messages to/from short codes. Short codes are the 5 or 6 digit numbers many organizations use for SMS, like 69866 and 877877.
2) There’s a parental control in place that prohibits text messages.
3) The phone is part of an employer-paid phone plan and the employer has blocked short code text messaging, or all text messaging.
Again, the best solution is to contact the carrier for the cell phone (e.g. T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, MetroPCS, Boost, Virgin, etc.) and check the phone plan. Make sure to ask that the phone can "send and receive messages from short codes", and there are no parental or employer controls in place.